RECOGNIZING EXCELLENCE IN INDEPENDENT PUBLISHING.
Conducted annually, the Independent Publisher Book Awards honor the year's best independently published titles from around the world.
The awards are intended to bring increased recognition to the thousands of exemplary independent, university, and self-published titles published each year.
Proudly celebrating our 22nd anniversary this year, we are now accepting entries for books released between January 1, 2016 and February 24, 2018, or with 2016-2018 copyrights.
FINAL ENTRY DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 24, 2018
Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 IPPY Awards! Click the link above to view the medalists.
We hosted the winners of the 21st Annual Independent Publisher Book Awards on May 30th in New York City, celebrating their incredible work with around 300 guests. Click the link below to view more pictures from the Copacabana ceremony. Thanks to all the attending medalists and guests for making it such a great evening of indies inspiring indies.
ABOUT THE AWARDS
The "IPPY" Awards were conceived as a broad-based, unaffiliated awards program open to all members of the independent publishing industry, and are open to authors and publishers worldwide who produce books written in English and appropriate for the North American market.
We define "independent" as:
- Independently owned and operated
- Operated by a foundation or university
- Long-time independents that became incorporated but operate autonomously and publish fewer than 50 titles a year.
The world's largest book awards competition offers:
- Over 80 subject categories in General categories – NEW CATEGORIES INCLUDE: Best Cover Design –Fiction, Non-Fiction & Non-Fiction Oversize; and Best First Book – Fiction & Non-Fiction
- Regional awards for Best Regional Fiction and Best Regional Non-Fiction for eight U.S. regions, two Canadian regions, Australia/New Zealand, and Europe
- E-Book Awards with fiction, non-fiction, children's and regional categories
- Winners receive entry to the award ceremony and celebration party during BookExpo America, medals, stickers, certificates, and national publicity in a press release, as well as social media exposure.