Find resources below related to writing your novel and all the creative processes that go with it, collected from Independent Publisher as well as some of our favorite blogs and writing websites.*
- 3 Steps to Successfully Outlining Your Novel. Live Write Thrive.
- 4 Big Pitfalls in Story Openings. Jane Friedman.
- A Writer's Guide to Permissions and Fair Use. Jane Friedman.
- Best Book Writing Software: The 6 Documents You Always Need Open as a Writer. The Write Practice.
- How to Edit Your Story Like a New York Publisher. The Write Practice.
- How to Legally Use Quotations in Your Book. The Book Designer.
- How to Research Your Novel... And When to Stop. The Creative Penn.
- Prologue, Introduction, Preface, or Foreword: Which is Right for You? The Write Practice.
- The Basics of Point of View for Fiction Writers. Jane Friedman.
- What’s In a Name? How to Craft a Great Book Title. Independent Publisher.
- Revise Right: Five Steps to Revising Your Novel. Independent Publisher.
- Writing and Editing Fiction: 7 Things to Fix in Your First Self-Edit. The Creative Penn.
- Ready, Set, Write: Six Items to Prepare for a Writing Conference. Independent Publisher.
*The Independent Publisher Book Awards are not affiliated with all of the websites and organizations linked here, and do not endorse all their opinions and views. These resources are meant to be informative, but - as always - please use your own judgment when following online advice!